Exciting and new, this2006 Franklin "Scientist" Silver Dollar in perfectMS70 condition is a wonderful tribute to a true American statesman and inventor.
2006 Franklin Silver Dollar Features:
- Honors Benjamin Franklin - on January 17, 2006, the United States Mint issued two Silver Dollars honoring Benjamin Franklin on the 300th anniversary of his birth
- Beautiful design - depicts Franklin as a "Scientist" and recreates on its obverse a rendition of Franklin and his legendary kite experiment. The reverse of this coin, in a tribute to Franklin's role as a patriot and statesman, features a recreation of his political cartoon, "Join, or Die."
- Graded MS70 - in Mint State condition with the highest possible grading of 70, this coin has outstanding eye appeal and retains its full original luster
- Limited edition commemorative coin - sold out almost immediately at the United States Mint
- Graded by ICG
- Encapsulated in clear acrylic
- Custom blue steel case
- Measures approx. 1.49" in diameter
- Weighs approx. 1 oz.
- 90% silver content